These services are available from locations across the province to residents of all ages and genders.
Provincial Government Supports
Adult Protection Program
Adult protection workers are available to assist and support vulnerable adults living on PEI who are unable to protect themselves from abuse or neglect. Staff members work from each of the regional home care offices.
- Charlottetown and Queens County: 902-368-4790
- Montague: 902-838-0786
- O'Leary: 902-859-8730
- Souris: 902-687-7096
- Summerside and East Prince: 902-8888440
Child Protection Services
24-hour service to vulnerable children, families and communities including child protection as well as programs to help strengthen families and communities including Family Ties.
- Charlottetown: 902-368-5330
- Souris: 902-687-7060
- Montague: 902-838-0700
- Summerside: 902-888-8100
- O’Leary: 902-859-8811
You can request assistance and counselling for debt-related problems.
- Call 902-368-4580 or 1-800-658-1799 (toll-free)
Disability Support Program
If you, or a family member, have a disability, you may quality for support to address your disability-specific needs.
- West Prince: 902-859-8824
- East Prince: 902-432-2740
- Kings County: 902-687-7016
- Queens County: 902-368-5996
Family Resource Centres
Staff offer a range of programs and services for children and families, including parent education and support groups, parent resources, prenatal nutrition programs, drop-in play, toy-lending libraries, and outreach for smaller communities. Find contact details for all PEI Family Resource Centres
The Salvation Army offers spiritual/pastoral care and community and family services including emergency food, clothing and household items, as available.
- Charlottetown office: 902-892-8870 (leave a message to have your call returned)
- Summerside office: 902-888-3870 (leave message to have your call returned)
East Prince Women’s Information Centre
Serves as an information and referral service for community needs of Prince County including employment, abuse, addictions, legal rights, sexual harassment, etc.
- Summerside: 902-436-9856
LeGroup consultatif communautaire Évangéline
Provides several prevention services in both French and English including family and domestic violence and abuse and harassment of children, youth and older adults.
- Wellington office: 902-854-2699 or 902-439-1147 (cell)
Mi'kmaq Family PRIDE Program
The Mi'kmaq Confederacy of PEI provides family support and prevention services for children, youth and families who live on reserve. The program includes in-home support, one-on-one for children and youth, groups, as well as family group conferencing.
- Call 1-877-884-0808 toll-free
- Abegweit First Nation: 902-676-2722
- Lennox Island: 902-831-2711
- Summerside: 902-436-5101
Questions to ask yourself:
- Do I really know what family violence is?
- Do I know the warning signs of abuse?
- Do I need a safety plan?