Publications and Resources
For People Living with Abuse
The purpose of this guide is to provide information about services in Prince Edward Island for individuals who identify as a victim, or as someone whose behaviour is abusive. It also contains valuable support information for neighbours, friends or family members who care. The beginning of this guide contains information for victims of abuse and the latter part for individuals whose behaviour is abusive.
When you contact any of the included organizations, they will work with you to get the help you need.
The Premier's Action Committee on Family Violence Prevention created these tip sheets with actions to fit your own safety, personal style, relationship with the victim or abuser or a situation you may have witnessed.
- I am a man who wants to end family violence [PDF]
- I see signs of violence or abuse happening [PDF]
- Someone I know may be experiencing abuse or violence [PDF]
- Someone I know may be acting abusive or violent [PDF]
For Parents and Caregivers
- Child Abuse - What Happens Now series
- Peace Begins at Home, Activities For Families [PDF]
- Books for Children and Young Adult from the PEI Public Library Service [PDF]
For Teachers and Youth
For the Workplace
For Men and Boys
Legislation, Reports and Statistics
Looking for more information?
Family Violence Prevention Week takes place year year in February.
The Provincial Library Service has books, journal articles and other resources. Search the Provincial Library Service catalog using keywords such as family violence, domestic violence or abuse.
Looking for resources in French? Visit stopfamilyviolence.pe.ca/FR