Youth Storyboard Showcase 2017
The Premier's Action Committee on Family Violence Prevention Youth Engagement Working Group invites teachers across Prince Edward Island to engage youth to share their vision of healthy relationships to be displayed in an online Showcase and for a chance to win $250 to use in their classroom.
We are all involved in many different relationships.
Theme: What is a healthy relationship?
Relationships can include:
- Friendships (including those on social media)
- Dating relationships
- Family relationships
- Sports teams, choirs, girl guides/boy scouts, and other youth groups
- Student/teacher interactions
Choose a type of relationship. What makes the relationship healthy? What are some examples of what these healthy relationships look like?
Guiding Questions and Activities to Stimulate Discussion
Information on healthy relationships can be found at
stopfamilyviolence.pe.ca/teens. Other websites with information on
healthy relationships can be found on the internet.
Judging and Prizes
One submission will be chosen by the Premier's Action Committee on Family Violence Prevention Youth Engagement Working Group based on relevance to theme, attractiveness of design and creativity according to this rubric.
There will be one (1) prize as follows:
1. One prize ($250) will be awarded for submissions from grades 4-6.
How to Submit Storyboards
Deadline: Entries must be received by email or mail by February 17, 2017
with a signed and completed Showcase Entry Form and a completed
Submission Check List.
Mail: Office of the Family Violence Prevention and Community Development Coordinator
PEI Department of Family and Human Services
Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
- Storyboard submissions should be original and high quality. If sent electronically, storyboards must be scanned and saved as a high quality PDF.
- If an individual (or group of people) is featured in the storyboard, please obtain permission. If you cannot obtain permission, please ensure that the individual(s) is not recognizable.
- Storyboard designs must be 8 1/2" x 11" and single sided.
- Design may include text or graphics or both.
- Design may be hand-drawn or digital or a combination.
- Storyboards may be in English or French or both.
- Storyboards will be judged on relevance to theme, attractiveness of design and creativity according to this rubric.
- Eligible entries must include the storyboard hard copy or PDF and a fully completed and signed Showcase Entry Form, which includes permissions for use of the storyboard. Original hard copy storyboards will not be returned.
- Additional information on storyboards and design templates can be found on the internet.
- If your school or classroom would like a brief presentation on the showcase please contact email@example.com.
Prize winners will be announced in the Spring of 2017.
Download the Storyboard Showcase Flyer English/Français
Download the Storyboard Showcase Entry Form
Photos from the 2016 Storyboard Contest
Submission Criteria: By uploading or submitting any storyboard, the owner grants the Premier's Action Committee on Family Violence Prevention (PAC) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to display, distribute, share, reproduce and create derivative works of the submission, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed for any PAC purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotional materials, its website, social media accounts, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to PAC publications. PAC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Storyboards published will be credited to the artist. PAC reserves the right not to publish submitted storyboards that PAC considers do not meet contest submission requirements including those that are unresponsive to the theme or include inappropriate content.
Responsibility: The Premier's Action Committee on Family Violence Prevention cannot be held responsible for entries that are lost, damaged, or delayed during transportation. PAC is not responsible for any failure of the website during this showcase. Nor is it responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or any email, or online entry lost due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulted from playing or downloading any material in the showcase.