Community ServicesChild Protection Services:
- Charlottetown (902) 368-5330
- Souris (902) 687-7060
- Montague (902) 838-0700
- Summerside (902) 888-8100
- O’Leary (902) 859-8811
24-hour services to vulnerable children, families and communities including child protection, foster care, residential and adoption; also provides programs to strengthen families and communities including Family Violence prevention, child sexual abuse and Family Ties.
Adult Protection Services:
- (902) 892-4790
Protects vulnerable adults who are unable to protect themselves from abuse or neglect; designated adult protection workers can be reached in each of the Home Care offices listed below.
Home Care and Support:
- Charlottetown (902) 368-4790
- Montague (902) 838-0786
- O’Leary (902) 859-8730
- Souris (902) 687-7096
- Summerside (902) 888-8440
Home Care nursing, visiting homemakers, occupational therapists, community support workers, adult protection.
- (toll free) 1-800-658-1799
- Charlottetown (902) 368-4580
Assistance and counselling is available to any consumer with a debt-related problem.
Disability Support Program:
- West Prince (902) 859-8824
- East Prince (902) 432-2740
- Kings County (902) 687-7016
- Queens County (902) 368-5996
Responds to the unique needs of persons with disabilities and their families. Assists qualifying individuals with disabilities to increase independence and develop a support plan that meets disability-specific needs.
Family Resource Centres:
- Kids West, Alberton (902) 853-4021
- Cap enfants, Wellington (francophone) (902) 854-2123, (toll free) 1-866-854-2123
- Family Place, Summerside (902)436-1348
- CHANCES, Charlottetown (902) 892-8744
- Mi'kmaq Family Resource Centre, Charlottetown (for off-reserve families) (902) 892-0928
- Families First, Montague (902) 838-4600
- Main Street, Souris (902) 687-3928
Comprehensive range of programs and services for children from conception to age six and their families. Parenting and children's programs; in-home visiting through the Best Start Program; prenatal and postnatal programs; and many other support services.
- Charlottetown, Church and Community Services Office (902) 892-8870, (after hours) (902) 314-3408 (leave message and call will be returned as soon as possible)
- Summerside, Community and Family Services Office (902) 888-3870, (after hours) (902) 432-4780 (leave message and call will be returned as soon as possible)
24-hour service; emergency food and clothing and household items as available; spiritual/pastoral care.
East Prince Women’s Information Centre:
- Summerside (902) 436-9856
Resource and referral centre for women on issues such as employment, abuse, addictions, legal rights, sexual harassment, etc.
LeGroup consultatif communautaire Évangéline:
- Wellington Office (902) 854-2699/(902) 439-1147 (cell)
Provides both French and English prevention services for family and domestic violence; abuse and harassment of children, youth and older adults; frauds and scams; cybersafety; bullying in the home/school/workplace and in sports.
Mi'kmaq Family PRIDE Program:
- (toll free) 1-877-884-0808
- Summerside (902) 436-5101
- Lennox Island (902) 831-2711
- Abegweit (902) 676-2722
A family support and prevention program that is offered by the Mi'kmaq Confederacy of PEI to children, youth and families who live on reserve. Services include; in-home support, groups, one-on-one for children and youth and family group conferencing.